Health & Safety
School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
Research shows that healthy children do better in school- from attendance and behavior to academics and overall performance. The Hillsboro ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) works with the community to help support good health and academic achievement.
Vision and Mission
The Vision of the Hillsboro Independent School districts School Health Advisory
Council is “Healthy Schools, Healthy Homes, Healthy Kids, make Better Learners”
The Mission of the Hillsboro Independent School Districts School Health Advisory
council is “To Advocate for high quality comprehensive school health programs for all students”.
The Goal of the Hillsboro Independent School Districts School Health Advisory Council is “To provide a safe and nurturing learning environment whereby all students’ gain a sense of self-worth and develop and maintain lifelong healthy behaviors”.
To achieve the goal, the Hillsboro Independent School districts School Health Advisory Council will engage in ongoing review, discussion and recommendations for comprehensive school health education programs to include:
- Promoting quality health education programs
- Modeling and encouraging the achievement of lifelong physical fitness
- Enhancing school health services
- Encouraging and providing healthful nutrition
- Supporting social and emotional well-being
- Creating safe and positive learning environments
- Promoting faculty and staff wellness
- Encouraging school, family and community involvement
Public Notice of Hearing