Skip To Main Content

Skyward Family Access

What is Skyward Family Access?

Family & Student Access is an easy-to-use website that allows parents and guardians to access information about their students from any computer with Internet access.

Skyward Family Access

Key Features of Skyward Family Access
•Calendar feature displays absences and gradebook items
•E-mail notification can be requested by guardians for grade information
•Changes to Emergency Contacts can be submitted online
•Online registration system for returning HISD students

Security of student data is a high priority for HISD. Only those listed as a Parent or Guardian will be given access. You will be expected to keep your username and password private and secure. Do not let other persons use your login account to access the system.

Online Family Access Application Form-English

Online Family Access Application Form-Spanish

Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Family Access

How do I get Access?

Your student's campus has a form that needs to be filled out and returned. Once verification has been made you will receive a user id and password to access the system. You can also print the application from this website.  Fill it  out and return it to the campus.

Do I need a different password if I have students on different campuses?

No. Your username and password will allow access to information about all of your students.  However, a Family Access Application must be completed for each student.

I have children at more than one campus. How do I see the information for my children?

Check the drop-down menu at the upper left of the screen. If any student's name is missing, please contact the campus registrar.

I have forgotten my password and/or username. How do I get another one?

You can try the forgotten password link, if that does not work, please contact the campus registrar.

Where can we use this system if we do not have Internet access at home or work?

You can use the Public library or there are computers available at each campus for public use.

Who do I call when I have a problem or a question?

For questions or comments about Skyward Family Access, please contact the registrar at your child's campus.